Monday, June 18, 2012

Photo Trip: Imperial National Wildlife Refuge - IV

The section of Red Cloud Mine Road that is within the Imperial National Wildlife Refuge boundary offers access for animals to get to the Colorado River. As I was driving out toward the mine late in the afternoon I saw two Ewes that appeared to want to cross the road and go down to the river for a drink. In the first photo, the more dominant Ewe crossed the road and toward the river. The second Ewe -- in the second photo -- climbed to the highest spot around to see what I was doing. So I backed away to allow that Ewe to follow her friend.



I came around the back side after that and could see the first Ewe heading toward water, next three photos:





However, she noticed that her friend -- the more cautious one -- wasn't budging now:



So she raced up the hill to be with her friend:


Now the two were together again. I love the second photo of them together.



At this point I decided to leave them and continue up the road and let them get back to the water for a drink. (I apologized for the intrusion, and thanked them for allowing me to photograph them).


No comments:

Post a Comment