Thursday, July 12, 2012

Landscapes - Part VI

Sometimes, I see landscapes and am in awe of their beauty.

Side Note: I am often puzzled by the English Language. If you have some "awe" it is a good thing; it is "Awesome"!  But if you have a lot of "awe", in fact you are full of "awe" it is a bad thing; it is "Awful."?

Sorry for the side track. My problem with landscapes is that I often feel limited in my ability to "capture" that awesome beauty. Take for example this photo taken in Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. It has Saguaros, Organ Pipe Cactus, in front of a large cave on the side of Ajo Mountain:

Arch Canyon, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
Somehow the photo just doesn't capture the beauty of what I actually saw and was feeling.

On the other hand, sometimes when I get back from a photo trip and see my photos I am excited that I was able to capture the moment. Take this next photo of Snow Geese on Fir Island in Western Washington with Mount Baker in the background:

Snow Geese, Fir Island Washington


Notice the four Snow Geese flying equal distance apart, and each in front of one of the peaks in the Cascades. Good focus front to back. Good composition. And with the farm in the middle describes the landscape perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment