Monday, September 16, 2019

Tijuana Slough National Wildlife Refuge


Taking a break from my Butterfly series, I wanted to share some photos from California.

Our daughter Ashley and her hubby Jay moved from New Jersey to San Diego a couple months ago. So we spent a couple of days there over this past weekend. What a delightful trip! And in terms of my wildlife photography wonderfully successful. 

First about "the Trip." They live downtown in a beautifully appointed appartment complex, complete with two bar-b-que areas, swimming pool, weight room ..... Saturday morning we went to the San Diego Fish Market and picked up some Angel Shark and Halibut for dinner. Then over to the Farmer's Market in Little Italy for the side dishes. Jay and Ashley did all the cooking. I didn't have to wear my Chef's Hat (Toque) at all. What a great meal! The shark was perfect and with a peach and avocado salsa was the highlight.

We spent Friday afternoon at Tijuana Slough National Wildlife Refuge and Sunday at the adjacent oceanfront beach. Today I'll show some photos from the Refuge:

Little Blue Heron

Snowy Egret

Willet

Little Blue Heron

Long Billed Curlew

Willet



No comments:

Post a Comment