Monday, November 4, 2013

Glacier National Park Mountain Goat Waterfall

Continuing with my "5" Star Photos in general and Mountain Goats in particular we come to a photo taken in Glacier National Park, Montana.

Sometimes on the way to a specific place where you expect -- well, hope -- to see a particular animal you see it "unexpectedly." 

Such was the case while traveling over the Going-To-The-Sun Highway. It's not that I wasn't expecting to see a Mountain Goat. After all, they are in the area. It's just that the road is so traveled that I didn't expect to see one so close to the road. 

But, just over the summit, there were three Mountain Goats, feeding on the grassy hillside. But what got my attention was they appeared to be head toward a waterfall. So, I am thinking that would be a great photo.  I was traveling with my in-laws and asked them to drop me off while they looked for a parking place. They thoughtfully and graciously did so.

I set up my tripod pointing the camera directly at the waterfall. Then I waited. And, once again I was not disappointed. 


I mean how cool is this?


No comments:

Post a Comment