Sunday, January 5, 2014

Red Mountain Arizona

I have said this before, I am not a landscape photographer. Often I am in "awe" of landscapes without a clue of how to capture them in two dimensions. To me landscapes are "unphotographable." Yet, I see what professionals can do and I'm stunned. 

Occasionally though, I stumble across a beautiful landscape and give it my best shot. Nine times out of ten the result goes in the trash bin. However, one in ten turns out pretty good. Here then is one of my few "5" Star Landscape photos:



Red Mountain Arizona
Red Mountain is half way between Flagstaff and Grand Canyon. Most people speed by Red Mountain not even considering it is worth a stop. After all, you're only 40 minutes from one of the Seven Wonders of the World. How could Red Mountain top that???  

But, I must confess. I love Red Mountain. I would rather hike into the Red Mountain canyon, sit, meditate, contemplate life --------- than be one of 5 million people visiting Grand Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment