Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Huachuca Canyon, Arizona

Christine and I went with some friends to hike in Huachuca Canyon. I, of course was looking for wildlife photo opportunities. There is the continuing Sinaloa Wren, the Elegant Trogon, and the Northern Pigmy Owls that I hoped to find. Although, I was really hoping to find a Black Bear or Coatimundi. 

But as is often the case, it was something I wasn't looking for that 'MADE MY DAY'.  A brief glimpse of a Grey Fox walking through the trees and brush was the surprise. I got off several photos, this being the best:


Grey Fox
Much further up the trail we came across six Coatimundi. They were deeper into the woods and took off running as soon as they saw me. Photographing animals running through the woods is quite a challenge. Here's what I mean:

Coatimundi Blurr
As you can see, it is not a good photo. In fact, once I publish this post the photo will go into the trash. Fortunately, I have a large number of very good Coati photos, so I am not too disappointed about not getting a good photo this time. ---------- How can I complain after seeing and photographing the Fox?

No comments:

Post a Comment