Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Madera Canyon Rare Birds

Since this is the slow season at our B&B, I've been getting out photographing as much as possible -- hence the lack of posts. Yet, because I've been out photographing there is much to post about.

I've made a couple of trips to Madera Canyon the past two weeks. So, before I get back to Yellowstone, here are a couple of rarities I photographed at Madera. Both of these birds are rare to the United States so a nice find. 

Whiskered Screech Owl

Whiskered Screech Owl

Plain Capped Starthroat with Broad Billed and Black Chinned Hummingbirds

2 comments:

  1. Really nice! How have we never run into each other around here?:) So happy to have finally seen that Whiskered Screech. I always hear them, but never had a chance to get my eyes on one. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Whiskered Screech Owl is in a sycamore tree directly across from the cabin next to Kubo Cabins. There is a pullout there. Just walk to the edge of the pullout and look for the hole in the Sycamore. It's not high up in the tree, just a little more than eye level.

      Delete