Friday, March 27, 2015

Huachuca Canyon, Arizona: A Premium Birding Spot

I was able to get away yesterday -- turns out even though all our rooms had guests, for one reason or another, none was having breakfast. So I went to Huachuca Canyon looking for the Sinaloa Wren that has been seen along the creek.

Once again I missed out on the Wren, but I didn't come home empty handed. There were lots of Dark Eyed Juncos, Lesser Goldfinches, House Finches, Bridled Titmice, White Breasted Nuthatch, American Robins, Rufous Winged Sparrows, Ruby Crowned Kinglets, Wilson's Warblers, and Painted Redstarts. Even a quick glimpse of an Elegant Trogon who flew in front of me. Some fun photos of Yellow Rumped Warblers (see one below); a Hermit Thrush; and a singing Townsend's Warbler. Here are my favorites for the day:

Townsend's Warbler

Yellow Rumped Warbler

Hermit Thrush



No comments:

Post a Comment