Thursday, August 29, 2019

Resident Bobcat at The Azure Gate B&B



I was sitting at my desk about an hour ago, when our little Bobcat walked past. I quickly got my camera and went outside and watched as he hunted for ground squirrels -- or desert cottontails.

He always knows when I am there and doesn't seem to mind. Although I don't stay for long. We talked a bit. Then he came walking toward me and laid down about 20 feet away under a creosote bush. We talked a bit more. I ask him to stay so that I could get Christine. She always likes to see him. When Christine and I got back he had moved under the shade of a saguaro cactus.

After a minute, we said thanks and left him to hunt or relax.

I have shown photographs of him before, including his missing hind foot. He does hobble around when he walks. But he's been coming by for two and a half years so he obviously is catching food despite the handicap.

Here are some photos from today:


He you can clearly see his missing hind foot.








No comments:

Post a Comment