Sunday, February 13, 2011

Javelinas, you either love 'em or ...

On second thought, you either hate 'em or .... maybe there isn't a choice here. Last night 8 adult and two very small Javelinas got into our trash. As you might imagine, we generate a great deal of trash here at our Bed and Breakfast -- lots of recycling too. But, we were just two days from pick-up and one of our 96 gallon trash cans was full. I have not made it easy for them, I tie the two trash cans together with bungie cords. But, about 11:30 last night they were able to separate the two cans and knock the full one over. 96 gallons of garbage all over the yard. When I woke up this morning and headed out to the market (6:00 AM) there in my headlights were the 8 adult and two baby Javelinas. They had made a bed for themselves about 50 feet from the trash cans. They evidently slept here all night. After an hour of raking up garbage and scooping it back into the trash I devised a new system of strapping the trash cans together. Hope it works. Although I didn't get any new photos (it was still dark), here are a couple from before:




Here are seven Javelinas foraging around behind my office.

Here is a newborn piglet nursing.

And, here are two piglets with their mom. Notice the Cholla Bulb on the mother's backside.





No comments:

Post a Comment