Sunday, February 24, 2013

Coatimundi II

Back to my "5" Star Photos and the Coatimundi (White Nosed Coati). In some cases you search and search and can't seem to find what you are looking for. And, in other cases  ... they come to you. Such is the case with today's photo. I had been searching for a couple of hours for Coatis in the Galiuro Mountains of Southeastern Arizona. I got to an area where I had seen them before but none were around (that I knew of). So, I decided it was time for lunch and sat down on a fallen tree. About half way through my lunch I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and this is exactly what I saw:

White Nosed Coati

I had my camera next to me so just picked it up and turn around while still sitting on the tree trunk. After about 10 seconds of starring at each other he ran off. It was a wonderful 10 seconds.  And, produce a wonderful photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment