Saturday, February 16, 2013

Something Different

My photography's "focus" has been primarily mammals and birds. But, occasionally I come across something else that catches my eye. Today's "5" Star Photo is one of those occasions. I was hiking in Cibola National Wildlife Refuge which is on the Arizona side of the Colorado River.  (Interestingly, you cannot get to Cibola from Arizona, you must drive into California to get there).  Although 25,000 acres, vehicle access is limited to a four mile auto tour. The rest of the refuge is only accessible by boat.  This is to protect the waterfowl that migrate through the area. Cibola protects 85% of all the geese that winter in Arizona. There is a short trail off the auto route. It is on this trail that I came across what I though was a beautiful photo op:



Cibola National Wildlife Refuge

No comments:

Post a Comment