Thursday, July 25, 2013

Harrier Hawk Moon

Continuing with my "5" Star Photos we come to one of my first Award Winners, a Harrier Hawk at Dusk. This photo was taken in 1997 before digital cameras and digital manipulation software became the craze. Now, with digital you could take 30-40 shots to get this. But with film, I had one. And, of course, with digital manipulation, you could create this photo at a computer. But, no this is real.

It was taken in Northeastern Oregon near the town of Joseph. I was watching the hawk flying low over a field looking for a meal. Then he began to soar and snap, I caught him just at the perfect moment as he reached the moon. 

What is exciting about wildlife photography is capturing a "once in a lifetime" photo --- and, how often that may happen.

Harrier Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment