Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cliff Chipmunk, What a Cutie!

One of the main differences in photographing animals versus birds is that with animals you rarely find them by their sound. It is almost always by movement or just sheer size. Birds are more often found by their sound which can be a problem if you are deaf or hearing impaired (like me). For me, finding a Moose is much easier than finding a Rufous Caped Warbler. 

Yesterday, I checked out Rose Canyon Lake and Incinerator Ridge on Mount Lemmon. Black Hawks had been reported at the lake (all summer). And at Incinerator Ridge I was hoping to find several of the Warbler species that had been reported in the past week. Five hours of searching netted me a couple Yellow Eyed Juncos, but not much more. No hawks, no warblers. Yet, the day wasn't a total loss. I did come up with a cute photo of a Cliff Chipmunk:

Cliff Chipmunk

No comments:

Post a Comment