Friday, August 1, 2014

Wildlife at Yellowstone National Park - VII

I did not see any Moose in Yellowstone or Grand Teton National Park this trip. The old dirt road (Moose-Wilson Road, in Grand Teton) is now paved. And with the human population expanding significantly in the Jackson area, what was once a road I could take and not see another human being -- only Moose, is not a road where cars are bumper to bumper and no Moose anywhere.

The Yellowstone Moose population was never as high as Grand Teton, but I always found them. But as I said, not this trip. I am not sure what the cause of that is. Increase in Bison population maybe? Disease? Don't know. But as I was searching for Moose near Ice Lake in an area that is great Moose habitat, I found these Uinta Ground Squirrels. Not exactly Moose, but still worth a photo:

Uinta Ground Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment