Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Birding Juan Bautista de Anza Trail


"Now, a few words on looking for things. When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them." Daryl Zero, the Zero Effect


Yesterday, I arrived early at Montosa Canyon in the Santa Rita Mountains in hopes of finding the Black Capped Gnatcatchers. Very, very quiet, though. No Black Capped Gnatcatchers. So I headed further south to the Juan Bautista de Anza Trail just south of Santa Gertrudis Lane. There I was hoping to find either or both the Louisiana and Northern Waterthrushes. Although I saw many Lark Sparrows, a few Lucy's and Wilson's Warblers, I didn't find the specific birds I was looking for. 

So what was I to do? I didn't want to come home empty handed so I found a couple of non-bird photos that turned out quite nicely:



No comments:

Post a Comment