Sunday, November 15, 2009

Morning Visitor


Last week I told some arriving guests that we hadn't seen a rattlesnake in quite a while. Then that night there was a baby rattlesnake in our courtyard. Last night I told some arriving guests that we hadn't seen a javelina in weeks. Then this morning a male javelina pranced by my office door. Photo above. You can tell when javelinas are a little nervous. Their hair sticks up and shivers. Makes automatic focusing a little more difficult. Breakfast is over (blue crab and avocado omelets) and now I am sitting at my desk listening to a gila woodpecker, watching quail, doves, cactus wrens, verdins, cardinals, pyrrhuloxia, goldfinches, house finches, sparrows galore, and both anna's and costa's hummers. It's going to be hard to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment