Monday, April 18, 2011

Ramsey, Miller, and Ash Canyons

Yesterday, I got a chance to get out again. This time I headed down to Ramsey, Miller, and Ash Canyons in the Huachucas.  Starting with Ramsey Canyon, which is run by the Nature Conservancy. I was pleased to find that the NC had added additional Hummingbird feeding stations further up the creek. At least three more stations with benches close enough to get a very good look and photo. Also being up the creek more and away from the visitors center means more trees and thus more cover for the hummingbirds.  I think this one of the Calliope is my favorite of those taken at Ramsey yesterday. The Calliope is the smallest bird in North America. It has a very short tail, so the wings extend beyond the tail when folded back. 

Calliope Hummingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment