Thursday, April 21, 2011

Return to Ash Canyon

Ash Canyon has proved to be a great birding spot for the past month. Barring any important interruptions, I'll cover the various species for the next few days. Today, the Woodpeckers. An Acorn Woodpecker showed up and and wanted to have his photo taken. I had not seen one there before -- but, I am sure they are occasional visitors. I find them more in a little higher altitude. Next the Arizona Woodpeckers, both male and female. They have a wonderful milk chocolate back made of fine corinthian leather -- I mean feather.  And, as always the Ladderback Woodpeckers, again male and female posed for photos. There were also Gila Woodpeckers, but we have so many of them here at the Azure Gate, I passed on trying to photograph them. Anyway, here are todays photos for you:

Acorn Woodpecker

Arizona Woodpecker - Male

Arizona Woodpecker - Female

Ladderback Woodpecker - Female

Ladderback Woodpecker - Male

No comments:

Post a Comment