Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ivyleaf Morningglory

One of my favorite wildflowers to photograph is the Ivyleaf Morningglory. I think that is partly because of its soft "pastel" color; partly because of its shape; and partly because it usually stands alone in a forest setting.  A few days ago I posted with a title "Wildlife Fine Art Photography". For some reason my eye can see these beautiful wildflowers as fine art. My trip to Sonoita and Patagonia yielded several such photos. First at the Patton's of Patagonia "the hummingbird site" and secondly at the Roadside Stop along Patagonia Creek. 

While there were other people at Patton's watching and photographing the hummingbirds, this Ivyleaf Morningglory caught my eye:

Ivyleaf Morningglory from Patton's of Patagonia

The last two photos were from the Roadside Stop 7 milers south of Patagonia and along Patagonia Creek. Because these wildflowers were along the creek there was plenty of green vegetation which provided a wonderful "out of focus" background of sea green.

Ivyleaf Morningglory along Patagonia Creek

Ivyleaf Morningglory along Patagonia Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment