Monday, April 9, 2012

Coatimundi III

On another trip into the Galiuro Mountains I was again looking for Coatis. I went into the Cottonwood grove I mentioned yesterday, but didn't see any Coatis. Nonetheless, I thought it was the perfect place for my lunch. So, I sat down on a fallen tree trunk, pulled out my lunch and started eating. The Galiuro Mountains are a true wilderness, peaceful, quiet, and remote. So, I sat listening to the breeze through the trees and the occasional birdsong. But then wait, that sounds like the shuffling of leaves. I turned around and there no more than 15 feet from me was a Coati staring at me in just the position you see below. I put down my sandwich, picked up my camera which was next to me, and turned and photographed. As you can tell from the angle I did not get up either. After a few wonderful -- but brief -- moments he ran away. But what a wonderful surprise!


Coati


No comments:

Post a Comment