Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Birding Mount Lemmon - I

Over the past two weeks I've been trying to focus on Birding Mount Lemmon. First, because it is just "up the hill" from where we live; Second, because I have only had three hours or so each day; Third, because the birding is quite good; and Fourth, because it is 30 degrees cooler than our 100 degree days down below.

Here are what I think are the best birding spots (in order of ascending the mountain):

Molino Canyon Vista
Molino Basin Campground
Cypress and Middle Bear Picnic Areas
Rose Canyon Lake
Incinerator Ridge
Bear Wallow Trail
Sykes Road and Inspiration Rock
Alder Picnic Area
Summerhaven to Marshall Gulch Road
Sky Center to the Observatory


So over the next few days I'll show you some of the photos I've taken during that time.



Tree Swallow

Dusky Flycatcher

Black Headed Grosbeak Female

Black Headed Grosbeak Male

Pine Siskin

No comments:

Post a Comment