Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Head off again

The summer allows me to get away a bit more often. Our peak season at the B&B is December through May. So I am leaving tomorrow to explore Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument; Cabeza Prieta NWR, Imperial NWR, Cibola NWR, Kofa NWR and who knows what else. Should be back by Friday. In the meantime I'll leave you with a few more Black Bear Photos:

This Black Bear was one of the first I photographed -- as a Photographer. When he saw me he literally ran up the tree. I had no idea Black Bears could climb that quickly. The photo was taken in Wells Grey, British Columbia.

This photo, also taken in British Columbia on Mount Sinclair, is a favorite. Very large male amongst the dandelions.


And, the third taken about two years ago in Yellowstone National Park. I had been watching this Cinnamon Black Bear climbing one tree after another to eat the pine nuts (it was fall). After a while, the area was packed with people taking photos. So I moved way ahead assuming he would eventually walk towards me to the next pine tree. And, he did. I took this photo from about 12 feet. (My Jeep was between me and the bear. I leaned on the hood to take this photo). But, then I backed away to give him room. But, he was really not the slightest bit interested in me. He paused, looked "sort of" towards me, then the tree and then right up the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment