Sunday, June 27, 2010

Types of Wildlife Photos

There are two kinds of wildlife photographers: Those that try to capture wildlife in their natural environment doing what's natural, as if the photographer wasn't there. Then there are those that try to capture wildlife looking directly at them because they are, in fact, there. I am the latter - usually. Two reasons for this. First, when someone looks at one of my photos they see a wild animal looking directly at them. It puts the viewer in the same place I was. Secondly, the first type can too easily be captured with remote control cameras which seems to lack a certain sense of authenticity, or at least a sense of actually being there. However, I won't pass up an opportunity. So, I do have a few of the first kind as well. An example is this Bobcat hunting. He either didn't know -- or didn't care that I was watching:
Or a young female Elk swimming across a river:
Or a Coyote yipping in the morning mist:
Tomorrow, the jumpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment