Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chiricahua Mountains - another trip

Christine gave me the day off yesterday so I headed down to the Chiricahua Mountains, crossing over the top and back down into Cave Creek. Still recovering from the fire and flooding of last summer, birds along the South Fork of Cave Creek were scarce. I thought maybe the Elegant Trogons might have arrived since it has been a very mild winter. Also thought maybe a bear might be out and about. But, no. However, as is often the case this beautiful area did not disappoint. Here are some photos from yesterday's trip:

Young Coues White Tailed Deer


Bridled Titmouse

Cactus Wren


Female Cardinal

Curved Billed Thrasher

Dark Eyed Junco

Female Pyrrhuloxia

Slate Colored Dark Eyed Junco

Western Bluebird

Yellow Rumped Warbler

1 comment:

  1. Great finds. Looks like it was a beautiful day out and about. I'm in the garden today which is still fun....BUT...I'd rather be hiking and birding:)

    ReplyDelete