Monday, September 10, 2012

Bears and Dandelions

I was reminded this morning of a trip to Alberta. I was going over the Continental divide -- which also separated Alberta from British Columbia, when I looked in my driver's side rear view mirror and saw a large Black Bear on the side of the mountain. What I realized from this was that I could NOT see the bear when I passed it because of the angle, but could see him once past because the angle was quite different. So, now as I drive in the mountains, especially around moderate or hairpin turns I glance at the rear view mirror just in case. Saw a Bobcat that way several years later. Anyway, in today's photos, first the Black Bear after I stopped the car and walked back toward him, and second, moments later when he decided he wanted more privacy and darted down the mountainside.


Black Bear among the Dandelions
Black Bear now running down the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment