Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sonoran Shovel-Nose Snake

Over the past ten years we have had many living things using our swimming pool -- besides humans: frogs, squirrels, rabbits, and snakes. (Well, of course bugs of all kinds). The Desert Kingsnake is the usual visitor, coming in to talk a drink and then leaving. Although, on a couple of occasions I found them swimming as well. Today, I found a Sonoran Shovel-nose Snake. As I have mentioned before, photographing snakes is challenging. They are long and slim so get the entire snake in a photo in total focus, well as I said a challenge. Some debate about whether it is an Organ Pipe Shovel Nose or Sonoran Shovel Nose. And, in fact, some debate on whether those are really separate species. I'll not argue the point one way or the other. Just show you the photo:

Sonoran Shovel-Nose Snake

No comments:

Post a Comment