Tuesday, October 30, 2012

American Marten

This American Marten photo was taken in Canada. Just like a great many of my Canada Geese photos are taken in America. (Both species are actually found through North America). Normally, I wouldn't rate this a "5" photo because it is a little "grainy" and the detail not as "crisp" as other "5s." It was barely daybreak when I took the photo. I was too close for the lens I was using (less than 10 feet). And, it was not a high quality camera. However, it is 1) a rarely seen animal; 2)  carrying prey it just captured;   3) in an area (Wells Gray, BC) that I love; and, 4) I guess just a wonderfully exciting experience watching it all happen.  And, since I get to set the rules for my ratings I can do whatever I want! 

American Marten: Wells Gray Provincial Park, British Columbia

1 comment:

  1. Let me put it this way....that shot oozes awesome....grainy or not because it's something very special. So grainy or not, it's great!

    ReplyDelete