Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another non-bird, non-animal nature photo

Experimenting can be fun. Sometimes I'll come home look at a photo and say, "Why in the world did I take that photo? What did I see?" Sometimes I'll come home and say, "Holy cow, that's a nice photo, but how did I know to take it?" Case in point. Today's photo was essentially ...... weeds. But for some reason I saw something which I can only explain after seeing the photo. The centerpiece is actually the "flowering grasses." The background is dark green which makes the foreground standout. On the right there is color from the wildflowers, but the "whitish rock" just behind them provides wonderful contrast. 

Grasses and wildflowers
(click on photo to enlarge, there's wonderful detail)
I have probably walked right past this sort of thing thousands of times, never stopping to appreciate or photograph what is there.

The lesson, if there is one, is that if you aren't finding what you came looking for, don't go home empty handed. Experiment, have fun. Who knows, maybe you'll find a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment