Sunday, October 21, 2012

Then there is always a Cooper's Hawk

During the wedding week, our eldest daughter gave a Yoga Class outside on our front patio. About eight guests, including our youngest daughter  -- the one getting married participated.  During the class a Cooper's Hawk flew into a nearby tree. He stayed in the tree long enough for the class to finish and everyone get their cameras. It was at this point that one of the guests said something to me. At first it looked completely white  --  as if it was a white adult Gyrfalcon, which got me a bit more excited. As I tried to get a better angle for the photo it became apparent that it was, in fact, a very common resident of The Azure Gate  --- a juvenile Cooper's Hawk. Nonetheless, since I hadn't been out birding for a couple of weeks I took a photo:


Cooper's Hawk

1 comment: