Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Desert Bighorn Sheep Sprinting

Here's a fun encounter that led to another "5" Star Photo. I was in Imperial National Wildlife Refuge when I saw a couple of ewe's in the cliffs on the desert (as opposed to the Colorado River) side of the road. I took a few photos and continued on my journey. A couple of hours later I was passing through the same area, this time going out on the bluff overlooking the river and its various backwater ponds. As I did, I saw both ewes walking down toward one of the ponds. Although I kept my distance and tried not to disturb them, one stopped while the second continued down to the pond.  Once she got to the water she disappeared in the vegetation, so I tried to get a better angle to photograph. Once she finished drinking she noticed that I was much closer and started running up the hill. That's when I took this photo:

Desert Bighorn Sheep

I'll continue the story tomorrow with another "5" Star Photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment