Monday, April 8, 2013

Desert Bighorn Sheep -- VI

One last "5" Star Desert Bighorn photo.

I love looking for, finding, and photographing Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goats. I think this is partly due to their special skills, i.e. ability to climb mountain cliffs of 70 or more degrees. Mountain Goats have beautiful white coats and Bighorn Sheep Rams have these amazing 40 pound horns that they use in "ramming" each other. Their horns eventually get so large that they prevent the Ram from seeing sideways. So, the Rams "file" down the tips on rocks in order to see better.

Today's photo was my first Desert Bighorn Ram sighting. Imagine my excitement in finding three Rams, side-by-side on the edge of a cliff. I couldn't wait to get back home and see the photo. I, of course, continued my trip but was, in fact, thrilled to see the result when I did get home:

Desert Bighorn Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment