Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coyotes in Wildflowers

While exploring areas in Wyoming not quite two years ago I came across this coyote somewhere between the Northeast entrance to Yellowstone and Cody. The coyote was having a grand time amongst the wildflowers. He would lay low and then jump as if capturing a small rodent. Never saw him catch anything, but it looked like he was having fun anyway. It seemed so "playful." Then he just lay in the wildflowers even closing his eyes at times. I watched and photographed for a good 20 minutes. I don't remember him ever looking at me during that time. He was so content to "hunt" and "play" and "contemplate" life's beauty he didn't have time for me. But, unfortunately by that time other people had arrived which must have distracted him.  He began looking at all the "spectators" as if to say "I was here first."  I think he wanted to play by himself, so he decided to find another playground and off he went, looking back occasionally to make sure he wasn't being followed (bottom photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment