Monday, April 19, 2010

Great Horned Owlets


About 40 minutes before I was to serve breakfast this morning I got a call from our neighbor across the street. The baby owls were out of their nest. I ran over with my camera and got this photo. Not bad. I must say that this was "one sweet moment". I have photographed a great many animals and birds over the years, but this was mother nature at her finest. Yes, there is a magnificence about photographing a fully grown male grizzly bear or huge bull moose (each weighing well over 1000 pounds). But, photographing bear cubs frolicking in grass or playing peek-a-boo around trees; baby mountain goats trying to jump from one rock to another; young bobcats learning how to pounce; or baby owls sitting side-by-side just old enough to see the new world, are very special and memorable moments. I love photography and the cherishing memories they create.

No comments:

Post a Comment