Monday, April 12, 2010

Grizzy & Moose in Wildflowers


Lighting is always tricky for the wildlife photographer. The Grizzly Bear in wildflowers (top photo) ended up a bit overexposed. He was in direct sunlight. I didn't have time to get into a better position. I don't like running to get to a better angle -- especially, when I am photographing bears. Fast movements tend to cause bears to change what they are doing -- i.e. fight or flight. Anyway, so the wildflowers aren't really showing their colors in that photo. In the case of the Moose (in the bottom photo) the wildflowers are in the background and so don't stand out quite as well because their colors are more muted. I like both photos because both the grizzly and the moose have turned their heads to look at me. Just wish the colors came out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment