Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hop, Hop, Hopping and We Are Not Talking the Easter Bunny


On to Mule Deer. I was headed to Hart Mountain National Wildlife Refuge in Southeastern Oregon to look for Pronghorn. As I came down the Fremont National Forest into the valley and turned north at Adel (population 12), I saw a dozen or so Mule Deer just to the right of the road near some water. I had this premonition that they would not want to stay out in the open and would likely cross the road in front of me and head up the mountain. I realized that if they did that they would have to hop a fence. So, I drove the car into a position where I could get a clear view of the fence out of the driver's side window. I wanted to remain in the car to use somewhat as a "blind."  And, sure enough those Mule Deer obliged. This was back in the 35mm film days, but, I snapped as many pictures as I could. It is a photo that reminds me that the story that goes with every photo is a memory I cherish and is as important (to me) as the photo itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment