Friday, March 25, 2011

Dragonflies

I read a photo article -- can't remember what magazine -- about a nature photographer who took one roll of film (24 exposures) on a 24 day photo trip. His idea was to limit himself to one photo per day. It certainly was an interesting idea with interesting results. If you take a photo at 7:00 AM you are done for the day. If you wait too long looking for a great photo it may never come and you end up with stars in the sky. His photos were very good photos.  Yet, he had to pass up sometimes better photos because he had already taken his daily photo. I admire his willpower. But, I could never do that. What if I came across a Mountain Lion or a Gray Wolf after my one daily photo was taken? Wow. But, also that means that every day you must find something to photograph. You must look at the world and what you see and say  to yourself "there is a photograph here." That's an idea I can get behind! I usually take my camera with me on hikes and many times don't come across a bear, an elk, a bobcat, coyote, bighorn sheep, coatimundi, even deer to photograph. I don't want to go home empty handed. So, I start looking at other aspects of nature. Sometimes it's mushrooms. (Maybe I do that tomorrow)?  But, today I'll show you some dragonfly photos I have taken when nothing else seemed to be available:


This next one is my favorite:






No comments:

Post a Comment