Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More from Ramsey Canyon

The trials continue. Often with the small birds you only have a nano second to get a photograph. That means once you find a bird, you must find him again in the viewfinder, focus, and shoot. I remember back to my film days and being "lucky" enough to have a Bald Eagle fly right in front of me. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to get home and get the film develop so that I could see my award winning photo. I must say, that as a general rule I feel very good about a great many of my photos. But I also recognize that some may not turn out quite as I wanted -- or expected. As it turns out, at the very moment my camera captured the Bald Eagle his wing was in an upward position -- and covered his entire face. In Ramsey Canyon Saturday, we came across this Wilson's Warbler. I was able to take three photos before he flew away -- none were very good. Why? Because at the moment the shutter opened the Warbler was  not positioned correctly. Here his head was down -- which, although helped identify it as a Wilson's, did not give me the photo I wanted. Oh well:

Wilson's Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment