Sunday, May 8, 2011

Up the Miller Canyon Trail

After visiting the Hummingbird station at Beatty's Orchard in Miller Canyon I headed up the trail. The first bird I spotted was a Western Tanager, although my photo wasn't quite as good as the ones I'll show you tomorrow (from Ash Canyon). Then came a Red Faced Warbler flittering around in the fir trees but couldn't even get a photo at all. As I continued there were lots of warblers, but again too far away for a good photo. As I got much further up the canyon the slope of the trail was steeper than the canyon to a point where I became eye-level with the "fir - tops". By this time I was stopping for a breather every 100 yards or so. As I was catching my breath I got decent "first photos" of both the Townsend's Warbler and Hermit Warbler. These are both very attractive birds:

Here is the Townsend's Warbler
Here is another Townsend's looking straight at me.


And now the Hermit Warbler



No comments:

Post a Comment