Saturday, June 11, 2011

Imperial National Wildlife Refuge: Odds and Ends

Finally, a few miscellaneous odds and ends. I went to Imperial NWR looking for Wild Burros and Desert Bighorn Sheep. And, I was totally focused in doing just that. Although known for its waterbirds, I spent NO TIME in or even around the water. Most of my time was spent in the mountains or on the ledges. I guess having spent 18 years in the Northwest US and Canada, I have done more than my share of photographing water birds. Won't find any Wild Burros or Desert Bighorn Sheep up there, so ....

The closest I came was the Great Tail Grackle (last photo below) I photographed from one of the edges looking down into one of the ponds off the Colorado River. Other than the Grackle, here are a Black Tailed Jackrabbit, Canyon Lizard, and Ash Throated Flycatcher taken while searching for the Burros and Sheep:

Black Tail Jackrabbit

Canyon Lizard

Ash Throated Flycatcher

Great Tailed Grackle

No comments:

Post a Comment