Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Javelina Piglets

I'll get back to Imperial NWR and the Bighorn Sheep tomorrow. But, for today it is the Javelinas --- again. They came around yesterday about an hour before dark, hanging around until after dark. They tried to get into my bird seed but since I keep now keep the seed in a large bin with padlock it is safe. But, they still try nonetheless. Not as much damage to plants this time, although they did manage to completely destroy an beautiful agave I had planted about a month ago. There were about 20 Javelinas in all (I guess) with little ones of various sizes. Here are a few photos from their visit yesterday:
Here's mom and baby nursing

Very young piglet under the protection of mom.

Little older piglet with its mom (another similar sized piglet in background)

Closeup of piglet

No comments:

Post a Comment