Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Javelinas

Sometimes there are slow days; days when I have to reach back in time to pull out a photo. Other days, the hits just don't stop coming. So I haven't finished with Imperial National Wildlife Refuge and the Desert Bighorn Sheep. Yesterday afternoon the Javelinas came by again -- about 20 of them. They hung around for a couple of hours, making beds, taking naps, cleaning each other. At 5:30 this morning Christine and I went for a hike in Saguaro National Park. There were Jackrabbits everywhere. So, today let me show you two photos from yesterday's Javelina visit, and then a couple photos of the Jackrabbits. Then, unless a Mountain Lion comes by, tomorrow I'll get back to the Bighorns.

Javelina with young piglet

This photo is taken from my office looking out the front door. I suspect we are a sure water hole for them.

Black Tail Jackrabbit cleaning himself.

Antelope Jackrabbit giving me "the stare."

No comments:

Post a Comment