Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 21st

On one of my first trips to Alberta, Canada (in 1995) I was driving up to Maligne Lake. Looking through the trees to an open field -- covered in snow -- was a brown spot. Seemed odd. So I stopped my Jeep and walked through the trees to get a better look. Wow! A Moose just sitting there right in the middle of this open field. I walked to within 30 feet of her, stopped, sat down, and started taking photos. This was film days, so I went through a couple of rolls of film. She just continued to sit and look at me. After about 30 minutes, my coat not nearly as warm as hers evidently, I got up, said thank you, and headed for the warmth of my Jeep. Here is my favorite of the bunch:

Moose Cow, Alberta, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment