Saturday, December 31, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 31st

The sun is about to set on 2011. So it seemed appropriate for my last photo of the year to be the sun setting over Continental Divide, separating east from west in the Canadian Rockies.

It was December 1999 (as the millennium was about to end) and I was coming over Vermillion Pass from Banff National Park into Kootenay National Park. There in all it's splendor was a sunset lighting up the sky and making the Vermillion River look like it was on fire. The Vermillion River feeds the Kootenay River which feeds the Columbia River and 1200 miles later the Pacific Ocean. I quickly pulled off the road, got out my camera and tripod and started snapping photos. So as the 2011 sun sets, I hope 2012 is as wonderful for you as 2011 has been for us!


River of Fire
Vermillion River at the Continental Divide between British Columbia and Alberta, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment