Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 28th

Well, I am going to cheat a bit today. It wasn't December, but actually April. However, April in the Canadian Rockies is like December in many places -- like Mount Lemmon today here in Tucson. This Mountain Goat, one of my favorite wild animals, and one of the most beautiful, was willing to pose for me.   I was able to get to it from above so you could see some of the mountain terrain below. You can see that she is just starting to shed her winter coat. Mountain Goats need to be respected and approached very quietly and carefully without arm movements. Once she saw I meant no harm she continued to eat the little patches of vegetation that was exposed by the melting snow.

Mountain Goat in Canadian Rockies

No comments:

Post a Comment