Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Landscapes - Part II

I once calculated that there have been over 3 billion photos taken of the Grand Canyon. (It gets 5 million visitors each year). So what was the possibility of my taking the "definitive" photo? One in 3 billion? Although I have taken a few photos, over the years have trashed all except the ones of the Condors. Arches National Park is much the same. The first photo below I took at Balanced Rock. Although I like the photo I suspect there are thousands just like it in someone else's photo album. Occasionally, though a sunrise or sunset, or clouds, rain, or a "rainbow" give you an opportunity that most of the other millions of visitors don't get. In the second photo taken in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado,  it had been raining all night and into early morning. I spotted a nice male and female Moose in this field. I was the only one there at the time. (It was probably 6:00 AM). I  had just finished photographing the Moose when this rainbow appeared. I thought, what the heck, I'll take a photo just to remember the "event." Turns out I really like the photo.

At Balanced Rock, Arches National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment