Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bobcat - VII

Today's "5" Star Bobcat comes with a wonderful story. I was hiking around Sweetwater Wetlands here in Tucson. I was a couple of steps ahead of my daughter when she called my name quietly. I turned to look at her and she had covered her gaping mouth with one hand and pointed to a bush with the other hand. Yep, I walked right past a Bobcat. Standing did not give me a good angle so I sat down in front of the Bobcat. Still wasn't a great angle, so I laid down on my stomach using my elbows as a tripod. Problem? Yep, I was now too close for the lens I had. I was five feet away, nose to nose. So, I turned over on my back and put on another lens. Then rolled back on my stomach and took a whole roll of film. Rolled back again and put in a new roll of film. Rolled back on my stomach and took another whole roll of film. Same thing for a third time, except after a couple of photos the Bobcat got up, looked at me, and I'd swear said, "Don't you have enough photos by now?" Then he walked off. It was eleven years ago and still one of my favorite experiences -- and photos.

Bobcat

No comments:

Post a Comment