Thursday, January 31, 2013

Red Tailed Hawk Interrupts the Agenda

My series on "5" Star Photos will have to wait another day. Yesterday, I was able to get away in search of the reported Short Eared Owls and Rough Legged Hawks in San Rafael Valley (Arizona). So, off I went. Now, I didn't expect to see the owls because I couldn't get there until 11:00 am and had to leave by 2:00 pm. (The Owls are only active early morning and late afternoon). But, I had hopes for the Rough Legged Hawk. However, it wasn't to be. Yet, I love the area, and saw several male and female Harrier Hawks sailing low in search of food. And, there was a beautiful Red Tailed Hawk who posed nicely.

I'll probably go out again in search of the Short Eared and the Rough Legged, in the meantime I will be happy with these photos:

Red Tailed Hawk



Red Tailed Hawk


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's never what I expect but I'm always pleased with the finds. I'd go with you to find these birds! They are on my list of must finds:) It's always about the experience and journey on these wildlife adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get into it on the blog, but it was very muddy. I've got a Jeep and I was still slipping and sliding. But, San Rafael Valley is really beautiful. Got a nice Song Sparrow photo too.

    ReplyDelete