Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bobcats

First, a Big Happy New Year to everyone. I hope this year provides many joyous opportunities of seeing wildlife.

Second, a Big Thank You to new visitors from: Tanzania, Ecuador, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Belize, Bangladesh, Jersey, Honduras, Venezuela, Lebanon, and Ethiopia.  That brings the total to 80 different countries around the world. It's truly a world wide web, and connects all of us at least in terms of one common interest: wildlife.

I've been lucky to see Bobcats in many places. In Southern Arizona, I have seen them in the Galiuro Mountains, Whitewater Draw, Sweetwater Wetlands, and our back yard.  Of course, our back yard is 5 acres of sonoran desert with probably 25-50 Desert Cottontails among other enticing food for Bobcats so it's not a big surprise. Yet, every time I see one I get excited.

I have several "5" Star Photos that I'll be showing over the next few days. The first is a favorite. It is a mother Bobcat with one of her two kittens up on our roof. The second kitten is hiding behind the air conditioner on the left. 


Bobcat with Kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment