Monday, October 21, 2013

Bull Moose at Rocky Mountain National Park

Continuing with my "5" Star Moose photos.


One year, I had finished my morning at Cameron Pass in Northwest Colorado, and went on to Rocky Mountain National Park. It was about 10:30 when I arrived near the West Entrance to the park. The road was already crowded (20+ cars) so I stopped to see what the attraction was. There were two very large Bull Moose lying down about ten feet apart and partially concealed by brush. They were 150 feet or more away, though. I started talking to a photographer from Silver Spring, Maryland. Since I grew up in Silver Spring we had a few things to talk about about while we waited. 

Seeing this before, I knew that at some point the Moose were going to get up and start eating again. In the meantime people (families with children) came and went, either not knowing or not caring that they could be in for  a very nice treat if they stayed.

It took an hour and a half, but I called it right. The Moose not only got up but they came much closer to eat the oak brush. My patience was rewarded with some wonderful photos. Here is one of them:



Bull Moose

No comments:

Post a Comment